Sys Admin with CompTIA Security+ (equivalent or higher)
Dataflexnet focus on delivering commercial card payment technology services that enable card schemes and issuers, corporates, and travel and expense managers, to efficiently collaborate together within the travel and expense management space.
We are a small team working with big clients. As a PCI level 1 compliant company security is a key influence in all technical decisions. We are looking for a strong sys admin, passionate about security, who wishes to continue their professional development and certification programme in a relevant security knowledge domain.
As a sys admin you will demonstrate experienced skill in,
Our pre-production systems are hosted within virtual private clouds on AWS, this replicates our production environment with public and private subnets, VPN connections to our office and client sites and SQL RDS Databases.
- Windows Server 2008-2012 R2
- Unix, Centos 7
- AWS & Co-Location Environments
- Squid Proxy Server
- VSFTP, SSH
- MSSQL Server 2016 /SP1 (including Clustering)
- Hyper V and ESXi
- Certificate Stores, Key Management
- PCI DSS L1, NIST ... a security minded person
Our production environments are a mix of a traditional data centre & cloud sites with fail-over.
General office and user support
- Windows 10, OSX, Active Directory, file and print services
- BT Cloud Voice
- Office 365
- Atlassian Suite (cloud)
- Active Directory Services (office & cloud)
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the SysAdmin role responsibilities include,
- Six years+ experience in a commercial IT support role
- Last two years (at least) experience in a security focused role (that contributed to their certification programme)
- Support Operations Manager in exceeding PCI DSS requirements (relevant requirements)
- Proactively continue education in security / certification
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
- An understanding of how hackers work and ability to keep up with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld
- Good understanding of networking technologies, DNS, sub-netting, firewall configurations including NAT and access rules
- Competent with Linux & Unix systems
- Windows server IT infrastructure and general Windows systems administration
- Experience of setting up & implementing security policies
- Good team player and ability to work independently when necessary
- Ability to clearly document work carried out
We have international clients and so our services operate 24 x 7 x 365. The successful candidate would be expected to join our 24/7 on-call rota operation with core on site working hours of 9-5.30 except for Fridays when we finish at 5.
In addition to enjoying your time spent at dataflexnet ( more here ) ,
- Competitive salary
- 24 Days Holiday (plus national holidays) increasing with length of service
- For 24/7 on-call - mobile + sim & laptop
- Personal training budget toward continued education in security / certification (and sys admin)
- Relevant Experience for security / certification
As Dataflexnet is a member of Digital Manchester, you will receive from Digital Manchester, free membership, free or discounted access to events, and benefit discounts.
If you are interested then send us a note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.